As a reminder, ALL claimants will need to register a NEW account through our updated Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) system.
Before calling the Contact Center, please try the following troubleshooting options:
- Claimants will need an active e-mail address which will serve as their user name.
- It is important to complete the registration process in one sitting. Most users are able to register within 5-10 minutes.
- If you do not see your activation e-mail, check your spam or junk mail folders.
- Forwarding the e-mail or clicking on the “Activate” link in the verification e-mail more than once may result in an error.
- If possible, we recommend accessing the site on a desktop computer.
- Claimants who are still unable to log in after attempting identity verification will need to call the KDOL Unemployment Contact Center.
- If the next page doesn’t load, try closing the window and signing back in through GetKansasBenefits.gov.
- For claimants getting a server error, try accessing the site from Firefox or Safari. Some users experience errors when using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Claimants who get the error “e-mail account already exists” or “you do not have permission to perform the requested action” will need to call in for assistance on their account. Please let the representative know which error is shown.
Need help? Check out the step-by-step process on "How to Register with the New MFA System" at
https://www.dol.ks.gov/documents/20121/133629/How+to+Register+with+the+MFA+System.pdf or watch this handy video guide: https://youtu.be/rwdJQK71Fts
If you are still having issues after trying these troubleshooting options, please call the KDOL Unemployment Contact Center at 1-800-292-6333. The busiest days to call are Monday and Tuesday.